Welcome to Accra Technical University (ATU), Ghanaâ€™s foremost technical university with particular focus on hands-on based tuition. Driven by the thirst for knowledge and motivation to be a class leader, the University provides an intellectually stimulating learning environment, outstanding faculty members, top-notch teaching facilities, serene campus to shape the minds and hands of tomorrowâ€™s world leaders whom we nurture.
ATU continues unrelentingly to undertake initiatives to ensure that our graduates are well-equipped with the future skills, knowledge, competencies, and attitude to meet and exceed stakeholders' expectations in an increasingly globalised world. Thus, our graduates continue to make lasting and meaningful improvements wherever they find themselves.
Led by experienced management with well-established credentials in technical education, ATU engages in a range of research activities which are enhanced by well-developed collaborative initiatives with industry, public and private institutions, and the wider community. Our work focuses on adding value to teaching, learning and research activities via hands-on training.
We are proud of our role in preparing world-class graduates for the country and beyond, and we will continue to play a pivotal role in leveraging the University's excellence in research and innovation by developing mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with industry, public and private institutions, and the wider community.
Thank you for visiting our website. I welcome all you aspiring students to participate in the innovative and interconnected world of limitless opportunities and possibilities at ATU to learn, perform, create, and study in a place where everyone belongs.
Prof. Edmund Ameko
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Ag.)
Pro Vice-Chancellorâ€™s Office
The Pro Vice-Chancellorâ€™s office is headed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor who is normally appointed by Council.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor assists the Vice-Chancellor in the overall management and administration of the University and acts for the Vice-Chancellor when the latter is absent.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRO VICE-CHANCELLOR
The Pro Vice-Chancellor and the Office has the oversight responsibilities of all academic matters including:
- coordinating final examination results (sixth semester results) as approved by the Academic Board.
- collaborating with external examiners and moderators as well as the Universityâ€™s Examination Office to moderate marking schemes and examination questions to ensure that high quality standards are maintained before they are used on examination dates.
- setting up the Examination Malpractice Committee at the end of each semester examination to handle all cases of examination misconduct and collaborating with the academic Board to proffer sanctions against students found culpable.
- preparation of teaching timetable for every semester.
- handling of issues emanating from part-timers in terms of teaching hours and claims for payment for teaching and marking scripts. All information on part-timers in the various departments can be obtained from the Pro Vice-Chancellorâ€™s office.
- examination and revision of the syllabuses of the various departments.
- Chairing various committees including; the Housing Estate Health Committee, Studentsâ€™ Welfare Committee and the Industrial Relations Committee.
- Industrial Liaison