Kennedy Newton Nutassey a Lecturer, Design Consultant, and Built Environment Constructional Practitioner. He has an accumulative experience of over 22 years in Lectureship, Research and administrative activities.
Mr. Nutassey PhD. Candidate in Built Environment, University of Plymouth UK investigations into Noise in school building in Accra. He has obtained his Master of Philosophy Degree in Construction.
Engineering in 2008, from the University of Cantabria in Spain, a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology & Constructional Management in 2006, VIA University Horsens Demark and, a Higher National Diploma in Furniture Design & Production from Accra Technical University in 1998. Kennedy is a member of the Technical University Teacher Association of Ghana (TUTAG),.Association of Danish Architects (ADA) and, IDDG
Mr Nutassey is now Senior Lecturer and the Head of Department for Interior Design & Upholstery Technology 2020. He majors as a designer and lectures Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Concept of Design, and Product Design, Interpretation of Drawing, Furniture Design and Its Construction, Design Studio Works, Joinery Construction, Measurement of Building. Mr. Nutassey has served in various leadership roles; as Departmental Examination Officer from 2009 to 2013, Head of Department Furniture design and Production from 2013 to 2015, Faculty Examination Officer 2019 to 2021 etc. He has also rendered a lot of Community service such as Member of Disciplinary Committee, POTAG Accra Technical University Chapter (2014 to 2016), Technical Committee Member for an exhibition for departmental products – Accra polytechnic in (2013), Member of Tender Revaluation Panel, Accra Polytechnic in 2013, Patron for Furniture Wood Products Students Association of Ghana (FAWOPSAG) Technical University, Accra Technical University Chapter from (2010 to date)and many more.
Notwithstanding, he has also carried out national assignments like; Examiner for Technical Examination Unit Ghana Education Service, Panel Member for The Review of Seven Engineering Programmers into Competency-Based Training, Sub-Advisory Committee Member for COTVET to Develop Standards for TVET programmed in Ghana, (2012 to 2014), Committee for Developing Standards and Training Programmer and Trained Small Woodworker in Ghana 2014 to 2016) etc.
Mr Nutassey has authored and co-authored more than 15 publications in Internal Journals and is the author of;
- Key Factors that Contribute to the Performance of Furniture Companies in Ghana
- The Contributions of Higher National Diploma (HND) Furniture Graduate in the Furniture Industry in Ghana which helped to streamline the furniture industry in Ghana
- Understanding the Furniture Design Process in Ghana, have created awareness design circle in Furniture The Vernacular of African social culture discipline and its influence on modern building fabrics in Ghana
- Underground water for cooling the envelopes of buildings in the warm climatic zone in Africa a case in Ghana
- The attribute of furniture companies in Ghana catalyst furniture design graduate for the survival of the industry. Adoption of Competency-Based Education in TVET Institutions in Ghana: A Case Study of Mechanical Engineering Department, Accra Polytechnic
- The sitting posture in the work environment (case study Accra Technical University)
- The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Stigma in Developing Countries,
Mr Nutassey is a Construction Architect Practitioner of the Danish approach in the Built Environment. He has designed and built a lot of apartment buildings across the country. Danish technology of good space management and principles, and very good interior design work and design complex furniture piece like Convertible mobile kitchen unit as an award winner in 1998, and COVID19 Lecture hall furniture for Accra Technical University.