NOTICE TO ALL FRESH STUDENTS
DIRECTORATE FOR RESEARCH, INNOVATION, PUBLICATION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER (DRIPPT): SECOND CALL FOR ATU RESEARCH FUND (ARIF) 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
INTENT OF ATU RESEARCH FUND (ARIF)
As an academic institution established to promote Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) development in Ghana through cutting-edge research and linkage with industry, Accra Technical University (ATU) has been focusing its research agenda (TVET for Sustainable Development) on the development agenda of Ghana. In order to foster global transformation and align our research endeavours to international policy agenda, faculty and staff of ATU have to undertake/conduct research driven by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As part of measures to realize the agenda of global visibility, international competitiveness and social impact, the Directorate of Research, Innovation, Publication and Technology Transfer (DRIPPT) and the University Management announce the second call for proposals for ARIF for the 2020-2021 academic year. ARIF aims to encourage researchers to conduct high-quality research of national and international relevance. This Call will put a premium on proposals that demonstrate strong promise regarding relevance to:
- Industrial Linkage;
- National Development Orientation;
- Impact on ATU’s Visibility; and
- Contribution to Knowledge and Innovation.
The offering of ARIFs will provide a pathway of research evidence that will attract larger funds for the engagement in large-scale research that will yield a wider impact at both national and international levels.
- The 2020-2021 Call for ARIF Proposals is open to all academics, research fellows and partners associated with ATU.
- ARIF-2021 seeks to support only multidisciplinary and action-based (applied) research which focuses on engineering, applied sciences, social sciences, humanities and business.
- There shall be a lead researcher i.e. Principal Investigator (PI) in each submitted research proposal who will serve as the main correspondent and budget holder of the application.
- A submitted application should involve a very experienced academic/researcher (evident in his/her CV) as part of the research team.
- Research teams which involve members from industry in and out of Ghana are highly encouraged.
- Applicants should have relevant qualifications and competence in the subject area of the proposed project.
- The roles which will be played by each contributor/investigator should be clearly stated in the proposal
- An application for ARIF-2021 should be submitted by:
- A cross-functional team from a minimum of two (2) departments in the university is encouraged to improve multidisciplinary research and joint proposal writing.
- A team of not less than three (3) academics/researchers, including a PI who is a staff of the university.
- The minimum amount of funding is Gh¢ 5,000.00 and the maximum is Gh¢ 20,000.00.
- The duration for a project is 6 to 12 months but can be extended with enough justification.
- Industry partners are allowed to provide additional funding to the project if it becomes necessary, but such funding will not be regulated by DRIPPT.
- Submission of ARIF Concept Notes: 1st March, 2021 – 8th March, 2021
- Notification of Accepted Concept Notes: 15th March, 2021 – 19th March, 2021
- Submission for Full ARIF Proposals: 20th March, 2021 – 23rd April, 2021
- Notification of Outcome of Application: 16th June, 2021
All proposals, communications and requests for clarifications should be submitted via e-mail at the following address email@example.com. Authors of accepted proposals will be informed by 26th April 2021 and subsequently invited to defend their respective proposals through a PowerPoint Presentation. Template for Concept Notes and ARIF Proposal will be sent via email to staff from the Public Relations Directorate and will also be made available on the Research Directorate page of the ATU Website (www.https://atu.edu.gh) for staff members to download.
ADMISSION FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
The General Public is hereby informed of the closure of the sale of the 2020/2021 Academic Year Application E-voucher for all morning programmes with the exception of the underlisted, effective Friday, 12th February 2021.
- HND Statistics
- HND Bilingual Secretaryship and Management Studies
- HND Interior Design and Technology
Application e-vouchers for the following programmes are still on sale and will end on Friday, 19th February 2021
- All BTech Programmes
- All HND Evening Programmes
- All Non-HND Programmes
TECHNICAL EXAMINATIONS FEES FOR MAY/JUNE ACADEMIC YEAR (NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES)
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER OF THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
The University Community and all students are by this notice informed that registration arrangements are as follows:
- Start Date: Friday, 15th January 2021
- End Date: Saturday, 6th February 2021
Please take note and be guided accordingly.
Please take note and be guided accordingly.
HOW TO REGISTER ON ICAMPUS
BLENDED LEARNING AND EXAMINATION CALENDAR FOR FIRST SEMESTER (2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR)
RESIT EXAMINATION TIMETABLE FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Students who trailed courses in their respective programmes in the 2019/2020 Academic Year can follow the links below to access the timetables for the examinations.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR AND MODE OF DELIVERY OF LECTURES FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Based on the President’s directive for all Universities to resume teaching/learning activities in January 2021, the University presents its 2020/2021 academic calendar for all programmes in the link below:
VICE-CHANCELLOR’S CHRISTMAS MESSAGE
REOPENING OF THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
The university community and the general public are hereby informed that the university’s academic activities resume on Friday, 15th January, 2021
Friday, 15th January, 2021
Registration/Orientation for Freshers
Monday, 18th-Friday, 22nd January, 2021
Commencement of lectures for Freshers
Monday, 25th January, 2021
Registration/Commencement of lectures for Continuing Students
Monday, 18th January, 2021
The University Community is informed that the 2020 Christmas break commences on Wednesday, 23rd December, 2020, at 1:00 pm.
All Staff are to resume on Tuesday, 5th January, 2021 at 8:30 am
Management wishes all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
MRS. SYLVIA BEATRICE OPPONG-MENSAH APPOINTED REGISTRAR OF ACCRA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
The Council of Accra Technical University at its meeting held on Wednesday, 16th December, 2020 and acting on the recommendation of a Search Committee has appointed Mrs. Sylvia Beatrice Oppong-Mensah as the Registrar of the University. She replaces the Acting Registrar of Accra Technical University, Mr. Adu-Adjei Mensah. The appointment makes Mrs. Oppong-Mensah the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and the Secretary to the University Council. Her appointment takes effect from Monday, 4th January, 2021.
Provisional Graduands List for Year 2020 Graduation
Below is the graduation list for the 2019/2020 Academic Year. All Graduands are expected to verify and confirm their names before proceeding to register and pay their graduation fee.
Kindly click on the applicable cohort below to check your status:
Vacancy (Internal Advertisement)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified members of staff of Accra Technical University to fill the position of Director of Research, Innovation, Publication and Technological Transfer (DRITT).
Professor Amevi Acakpovi Appointed Substantive Pro-Vice-Chancellor
Professor Amevi Acakpovi has been appointed the substantive Pro-Vice-Chancellor of Accra Technical University for the next three years, effective December 1, 2020. Professor Acakpovi before his current appointment was the interim Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
Completion of Online Application
Accra Technical University is giving the undermentioned applicants the opportunity to do the following on their online application:
- Awaiting-results applicants can now revert to the online portal to upload their released results to complete the application process.
- Applicants who submitted their forms without attaching their results or indicating their status as ‘awaiting results’ should visit the application portal with their serial number and pin to complete their application process.
- Applicants are to ensure that requested information as pertains to their result slip should be the same as appears on their result slip. Any variation renders their application invalid.
- They may however make changes to programmes selected earlier.
Vacancy (Internal Advertisement)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified members of staff of Accra Technical University to fill the position of Head of Campus at Mpehuasem Campus.
Reopening of the 2020/2021 Academic Year
All staff and students are to note that the 2020/2021 academic commences in January 2021.
Extension of Sale of Admission Forms
Closing date for the online application and submission of ATU admission forms for the 2020/2021 academic year has been extended until further notice. APPLY NOW!
Resit Examinations Timetable
Students who trailed courses in their respective programmes in the 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020 Academic Year can follow the links below to access the timetables for the examinations.