Dr. Henry Kojo Hackman
Dr. Henry Kojo Hackman is a Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist and a Senior Lecturer at Accra Technical University. His teaching areas include Biology, Microbiology, Blood and Blood Diseases. He is also an experienced clinical microbiologist and has carried out many clinical laboratory diagnostics investigations in microbiology, haematology and biochemistry.
Dr. Hackman’s vast experience in his area of expertise owes to his association with bodies such as the Ghana Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists (GAMLS) and America Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH).
He has also been involved in several administrative works at the University. He was the Director of the Centre for Biomedical Equipment Technology from 1st February 2017 to November 2018. In addition to this, he was Director of Research Innovation Directorate from February 1st 2016 to January 31st 2017. He was appointed Chairman of the Health and Safety Subcommittee of the Academic Board in July 31st 2018. He has been a member of the University academic board since November 2017.
He received his Bachelor’s degree in Science (Biological Sciences) at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 2009. He moved on to pursue a Master of Science with research (Clinical Microbiology) in the same institution. By dint of hard work and determination, Dr. Hackman further climbed the educational ladder to attain his PhD in Microbiology at the University of Ghana in 2014.
He was appointed Director of Quality Assurance in 2020.
1. Arhin, R. E., Hackman, H.K., Saeed, A. (2019). Antibiotic Prophylaxis and Cloacal Carriage of Resistant Bacteria in Commercially-bred Poultry. European Journal of Animal Health 1(1):1-13
2. Hackman, H. K., Arhin, R. E., Gordon, A., Mensah, S. N. B. (2017). The Emergence of Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae among Extended-spectrum Beta-lactamase Producers in Accra, Ghana. Journal of Natural Sciences Research 7 (24): 1-6.
3. Hackman, H. K., Arhin, R. E., Gordon, A., Gyekye, L. A. (2017). Comparative Analysis of Antimicrobial Resistance of Extended-spectrum Beta-lactamase Producers and Non-Extended-spectrum Beta-lactamase Producers among bacterial isolates in Accra, Ghana. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare 7 (24): 60-65.
4. Hackman, H. K., Gati, L., Gordon, A., Arhin, R. E., Ofori-Yeboah, B., Crabbe, G. (2017). Possible Health Risk due to the Environmental Exposure of High Levels of Lead in Exhaust Soot of Automobiles in Parts of Accra, Ghana. Journal of Natural Sciences Research 7 (24): 62-66.
5. Gordon, A., Asante, S.B., Bukari, Y., Gati, L., Osei-Adjei, G., Hackman, H.K., Asare, E.O. (2015). Method Development and Validation for Hydroxyurea in Fixed Oral Solid Dosage Forms Using RP-HPLC with DAD Detection. RA Journal of Applied Research, 1 (7), 235-242.