A. INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT)
The programme consists of four (4) modules, including:
- Business Theory
- Business Application
- Warehousing and Stores Operations
- Freight Operations
- Transport Planning
- Port Operations
- Supervisors and First Line Managers in the field of Logistics and Transport, Supply Chain, Procurement, Stores Administrators, etc.
- Any individual who wants to pursue a career in the above but has no Basic Knowledge.
- Senior High School (SHS) graduates with at least four (4) passes, including English Language and core Mathematics.
- Ordinary level graduates with at least six (6) passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- Advance level graduates with at least two (2) passes.
- Equivalent Professional Qualifications at level three (3) of the UK National Qualification Framework.
B. INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (DILT)
The programme consists of six (6) modules, including:
- Managing Transport and the Logistics Operations
- Managing Resources
- Transport Economics and Finance
- Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Passenger Transport
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Individuals in Middle Management positions who seek to develop a more Strategic view of Logistics and Transport Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Stores Administration, etc.
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport.
- HND / degree holders
- Equivalent professional qualifications.
- Two (2) semesters of Fourteen (14) weeks each
- Lectures times are three (3) Evenings in the week
C. INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT – (ADILT)
The programme consists of five (5) modules, including:
- Strategic Contexts
- Leadership and Strategic Management;
- Strategic Network Planning
- Delivering Strategic Performance
- Research Methods and Professional Projects.
- Individuals in middle-level managerial positions and senior supervisors working in the field of logistics & Transport, Supply Chain, Procurement.
- Personnel in supply and transport in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service, and CEPS. The others are warehousing and stores managers, airline workers, shipping company workers.
- Other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
- International Diploma in Logistics & Transport (DILT).
- Degree/ Masters in Logistics & Transport, Supply Chain, or procurement related discipline with any accredited institution.
- Trimester with an average of sixteen (16) weeks per semester
- Lecture time is three (3) Evenings in the week from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
D. BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN PROGRAMME
Accra Technical University through its Centre for Biomedical Equipment Technology, and in collaboration with the Ghana Technician Examinations Unit of the Ministry of Education and the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSOF) invites applications and qualified candidates for admission to pursue a one (1)-year intensive hands-on and industry-focused technician programme in Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technology programme.
- Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technicians, Individuals in middle-level managerial positions and senior supervisors working in the fields of installation, maintenance of diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring medical equipment.
- Other professionals who want to pursue a career in the Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technology programme.
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technicians will perform tasks involving the installation and, maintenance of diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring medical equipment. These activities include:
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of a diverse range of medical equipment.
- Performing electrical safety inspections on biomedical equipment using specialized test equipment.
- Assisting in the systematic preventive maintenance programme of biomedical equipment.
- Identifying and recommending biomedical equipment specifications for procurement.
- Performing quality controls and calibration of biomedical equipment.
- Ensuring quality laboratory diagnostic services in health facilities.
A Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician would be eligible to work as a middle-level manager and senior supervisor working in the fields of installation, maintenance of diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring medical equipment.
Other professionals who want to pursue a career in the Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technology programme.
- Four (4) passes in WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics any two (2) Science related subjects.
- Certificate II Applicants: Passes in relevant subject areas as such Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering.
- Diploma, HND and Degree graduates in Science Laboratory Technology, Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Information Technology, or Computer Science.
- Mature Access Course.
- One (1) academic year.