Mrs. Vivian Biney-Aidoo
Engaged as an instructor in December 1999, Mrs. Vivian Biney-Aidoo has been a fulcrum in the development of the Department of Fashion Design and Textiles. She started as a lecturer in June 2006 and was promoted to the status of a Senior Lecturer in June 2014, at the Department of Fashion Design and Textiles.
Mrs. Aidoo holds a Bachelor of Education (Home Economics) from the University of Cape Coast and Master of Philosophy Home Science (Clothing & Textiles) from the University of Ghana.
Her contributions to academic work are not only limited to the lecture halls. As a member of the University community, Mrs. Aidoo has served at administrative and management level of the University. She has been a member of the Admissions Board, Examinations Committee, Industrial Liaison Committee and many others. Additionally, she has engaged in several communities and national activities where she had the opportunity to develop herself, career and to make meaningful contributions towards national development. She has served as a resource person in quite a number of workshops and seminars in and outside the University.
She is now the Dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts. She has to her credit two peer-reviewed conference papers and seven research publication in the area of Fashion and Design and Garment Industry.
- Biney-Aidoo, V. & Antiaye, E.: “Assessing the production capacity of the garment industry in Ghana in relation to AGOA conditions.”African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, ISSN: 0855 – 9724, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 83-93, June 2013,
- Biney-Aidoo, V., Antiaye, E. & Oppong, J. A. “An Assessment of the Apprenticeship System as a Means of Acquiring Sewing Skills in Ghana.” Journal of Developing Country Studies, iiste.org ISSN: 2224-607X (Paper), ISSN 2225-0565 (Online), Vol.3, No. 11, pp.145-151- October 2013.
- Antiaye, E., Biney-Aidoo, V & Oppong, J.A:” Assessment of the Effectiveness of the Fashion Design Programme of Accra Polytechnic from 1995 to 2010”. Journal of Developing Country Studies, iiste.org ISSN: 2224-607X (Paper), ISSN 2225-0565 (Online), Vol.3, No. 11, pp.145-151- October 2013.
- Docea A. G. Fianu, Biney-Aidoo, V., Eunice Antiaye & Joyce Adwoa Oppong ‘The Production and Exportation of Garments under the AGOA Initiative: Challenges Facing Garment Producers in Ghana”. Journal of Arts and Design Studies. 34-44 Vol.17, February 2014.
- Joyce Adwoa Oppong, Biney-Aidoo, V & Eunice Antiaye “Evaluating the Benefits of Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) in Fashion Education, the Case of Accra Polytechnic.” Journal of Education and Practice. Vol. No. 21, October 2013.
- Joyce Adwoa Oppong, Eunice Antiaye & Biney-Aidoo, V., “Appraising the use of Computer Technology in Garment Production Firms in Accra / Tema Metropolis”. Journal of Arts and Design Studies, 25-33 Vol.17, February 2014.
- Biney-Aidoo, V., Eunice Antiaye & Joyce Adwoa Oppong “A study of Opportunities for Industrial Attachment for Fashion Design and Textiles, 2009-2013”. Tertiary Education Series (TES), National Council for Tertiary Education, Accra, pp 20-36 Vol.7 No.1-ISSN: 2026-6588-January 2014.
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Biney-Aidoo, V., Examining the factors affecting fashion firms in organizing internship programmes in Ghana: A selective study of fashion homes in the Greater Accra Region. Ninth Annual International Applied Research Conference, Koforidua Polytechnic, 28th June to 1st July, 2016.
- Antiaye, E., Biney-Aidoo, V. & Aduku, J.: Economic Viability of Textiles Production in Ghana. Ninth Annual International Applied Research Conference, Koforidua Polytechnic, 28th June to 1st July 2016.