Mr. Mathias Bennet Michael
Head of Department, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Mr. Mathias Bennet is a certified Energy Audit Professional and a Senior Lecturer at Accra Technical University. His scope of study consists of Renewable Energy Project Analysis, Hybrid Optimization Model for Electric Renewable and Design and Installation of Grid-connected PV Systems.
Mr. Bennet has accumulated 20 years of work experience across various industries. He was employed as a lecturer at Accra Technical University in 2011 and currently is a senior lecturer. He handles Engineering Drawing, Network Analysis/Circuit theory,
Electrical Measurement & Instruments, Auto Electrical & Electronics, Signals and Systems, and Industrial Robotics. Mathias Bennet has accumulated 20 years of working experience.
Mr. Bennet is currently a PhD candidate in Renewable Energy Engineering at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
He is committed to the training, development and promotion of renewable energy in the Sub-Saharan Region.
1. Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias Bennet Michael, Nana Yaw Asabere, Japhet Honvo. Exploring the Fundamentals of Solar Photovoltaic Technology and its Modelling. Chapter 1, In: Renewable Energy Systems, Editor: Sandip A Kale, Publisher: Novo Science Publishers Inc., New York, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-53610-423-3
2. Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias B. Michael, Issah B. Majeed. Grid Connected Solar and Diesel generator Set: A Cost Optimization with HOMER. Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal Vol.2, No. 4, 92-98 (2017)
3. Nana Yaw Asabere, Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias Bennet Michael. Improving Socially-Aware Recommendation Accuracy Through Personality, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AFFECTIVE COMPUTING, TAFFCSI-2017-01-0009.R2. Doi:10.1109/TAFFC.2017.2695605,IEEE
4. Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias Bennet Michael, Noble Akortia. Design, Testing and Analysis of Single Phase Electronic Changeover with Security Light. Mult. Res., 1(1) (2016), pp. 17-24. ISSN: 2408-7866
5. Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias Bennet Michael, Noble Akortia. Design, Testing and Analysis of Single Phase Electronic Changeover with Security Light. Mult. Res., 1(1) (2016), pp. 17-24. ISSN: 2408-7866
6. Amevi Acakpovi, Majeed B. Issah, Francois X. Fifatin, Mathias B. Michael. Wind velocity extrapolation in Ghana by Weibull probability density function. Wind Engineering 2018, Vol. 42(1) 38–50
7. Amevi Acakpovi, Mathias B. Michael, Majeed B. Issah. Grid Connected Hybrid Solar and Diesel Generator Set: A Cost Optimization with HOMER. Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal Vol. 2, No. 4, 92-98 (2017)
8. Issah Babatunde Majeed, Amevi Acakpovi and Mathias B. Michael. Optimization of High Voltage Distribution System. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 14(7): 251-255, 2017. DOI:10.19026/rjaset.14.4787 ISSN: 2040-7459; e-ISSN: 2040-7467
9. Mathias Bennet Michael, Amevi Acakpovi, Optimum Design of a Stand-alone Hybrid Power System with Demand-Side Management, Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 7, (2016), 622 – 629. Published by Elsevier and is available online at Science Direct (sciencedirect.com)
10. Mathias B. Michael, Esther T. Akinlabi, Tien-Chien Jen. A Review of Solar Thermal Systems Utilization for Industrial Process Heat Applications. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2016 Vol. II, WCECS 2016, October 19-21, 2016, San Francisco, USA.
11. Amevi Acakpovi, Abena M. Adutwum, Mathias B. Michael, et, al. Critical Success Factors (CSFs) of MIDA Compact I Road Transport Project in Ghana. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Pretoria / Johannesburg, South Africa, October 29 – November 1, 2018
12. Mathias B. Michael, Esther T. Akinlabi, Tien-Chien Jen. Benchmarking Energy Challenges in Palm Oil Mills in Ghana. Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Pretoria / Johannesburg, South Africa, October 29 – November 1, 2018
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Connect with us
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
A Technical University of global excellence in competency based and practice-oriented training, applied research and technology transfer.